adidas and FMF reveal the official Away Kit to be worn by the Mexican national team at the upcoming FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- Inspired by the many graphic elements from Mexico’s collective pre-Hispanic memory. The new away jersey represents the country’s indigenous roots.
- The player kit incorporates HEAT.RDY technology to keep the skin cool and dry, while the fan jersey employs AEROREADY technology. Both are made of 100% recycled materials.
- The Away Kit will be available for purchase starting on August 29th at 8:00AM on adidas.mx and at select adidas online shops and physical stores.
- The jersey will take the field for the first time at the friendly against Paraguay taking place in Atlanta on August 31.
Every four years, soccer lovers eagerly await the revealing of the different uniforms donned by the national teams for the World Cup competitions. Today, adidas revealed the official away kit to be worn by the Mexican national team at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
Inspired by the many graphic elements from Mexico’s collective pre-Hispanic memory, the shirt’s design merges with the cultural icons of the nation.
- MALINALLI: grass that flowers, grass that ascends to the cosmos and connects to the netherworld through its roots.
- CONCH SHELL: wind and spirit, representing the first breath of life and the last exhalation. The conch is linked to Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, the lord of the dawn, represented in the new day; and in December to Xólotl, who is represented in dusk and accompanies it to the netherworld. Closely identified with Quetzalcóatl.
- SPIRAL: word that flourish; it represents truth, song, poetry.
- STAFF: the speaking stick; Quetzalcóatl carries it as the staff of leadership in some codices.
- NEW FIRE: rubbing the sacred wood, it emanates fire. This represents the cosmic cycles (52 years).
These items represented on the away jersey display the history, roots, and culture of our country, carrying knowledge and power to the playing fields of Qatar, revealing not only a uniform, but armor filled with magic, power and poetry.
Made using recycled materials, the ultra-breathable uniform incorporates the latest innovations in adidas materials. This includes HEAT.RDY technology combined with special cooling zones designed to keep the players cool when the temperature rises on the field at Stadium 974 and Lusail Stadium, where the Mexican national team will compete in the group stage.
The replica version of the jersey offers similar benefits thanks to the use of AEROREADY – KEEP DRY, a technology that keeps fans comfortable and ready to go, controlling sweat and leaving them feeling dry.
The new away kit represents all Mexicans in the quest to continue racking up victories in the history of El Tri.
The new jersey will make its debut at the friendly against Paraguay scheduled for August 31st at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
Learn more about the uniform, its history, and the technology at: adidas.com/us
Follow the conversation on our social media: @adidasfootball